Developed with European Silver medallist Harry Meade to give a really close contact feeling between horse and rider. The specially-designed slimline foam panel has undergone extensive development and rigorous testing using Pliance pressure mapping and gait analysis. Scientific trials show that the pressure readings are comparable to a well-fitting flocked saddle and the horse is able to move and jump as freely as it would in a traditional saddle with wool flocking.
The Harry Meade Monoflap XC benefits from the following design details:
- The unique design and placement of the billets on this monoflap allows your saddle fitter four girthing options to fine tune the fit to your horse’s shape and movement (see Girthing Options below)
- Two choices of changeable gullet bar to allow for fluctuations in the horse’s shape throughout the season or following time off.
- Broad channel for spine clearance, especially at the area around T10-13 which Fairfax research has shown to play a key role in the horse’s movement. We have already had a scientific paper published on the effect of saddle pressure in this area on dressage horses.
- Deep, contoured foam under the tree points to give support and stability at the sides of the wither area.
- Smaller thigh and calf block and a more open seat than the Andrew Hoy XC saddle, which provides the rider with a feeling of more ‘space’ in the saddle.
- Covered with luxurious full-grain leather.
- Made in Walsall, England by highly skilled Master Saddlers.
This saddle was designed and tested using pressure mapping and gait analysis.