Fairfax Long Girth
Patent No: GB 2488030 B / Design reg: 001839028
Developed, designed and handmade in the UK. The first girth to be based on scientific research and proven to improve the horse’s performance by:
- Dramatically reducing pressure (up to 82%)
- Significantly increasing range of movement (up to 33% in forelimb protraction compared to the horse’s normal girth)
- Eliminating gait asymmetry
Long length with ring and buckle for martingale or breastplate.
Use with GP or jump saddles with standard flap construction.
NOTE: Narrow Gauge for use with dressage saddles on horses with a narrower ribcage
- Lined with Prolite® - known for its ability to distribute pressure, absorb impact and prevent rubbing
- Allows the Prolite® edge "to float" so the horse's muscles can move underneath rather than bang against
- Combination of the contour and the cushioning creates a buffer zone and prevents a "hard" edge
- Designed, tested and scientifically proven using pressure mapping and gait analysis
- Contoured to avoid the sensitive area behind the elbow
- Handmade in Walsall, England
- Constructed from the finest English leather
- The Performance Girth is the only girth to have been tested with and developed in conjunction with the BEF World Class Programme.
Use and Care
It is essential to ensure that you properly care for and maintain your Fairfax Saddles Performance Girth. Failure to follow these guidelines or using inappropriate products could have an adverse affect on the leather and will invalidate the guarantee
1. Get the benefit
- The benefits of the Performance Girth are cumulative. So use it all the time for training and competition.
- When not in use, detach the girth and lay it on top of the saddle to maintain its natural curvature.
Use warm water to sponge away sweat and dirt after EVERY use. A mild detergent can be added to the water.
IMPORTANT! The soft hide leather used on the girth to provide the ultimate comfort for your horse can become damaged by sweat, causing it to become hard and cracked. Removing the sweat after every use will prolong the lifespan and maintain the softness of your Performance Girth.
- Dry as thoroughly as possible using a clean towel.
- When dry, apply Rapide Leathergel to all surfaces and rub in with a soft, clean cloth.
- Avoid all glycerine and oil based cleaners and feeders.
- Wait until the leather is thoroughly dry before applying any treatment.
- Allow leather to dry naturally.
Do NOT place on radiators, Aga, hot pipes etc.
- Never use wet tack.
Girth Testing & Design
"Watching a young show jumper being lunged over a fence I noticed that once tacked up, he moved completely differently. I was pretty sure the issue wasn’t the saddle, so I decided to pay some attention to the girth. There’s plenty of data about saddle fitting but no one has scientifically examined the impact of the girth. Until now.”