Fairfax Saddle Care & Use
The correct care of your Fairfax saddle is essential. Follow these instructions to ensure years of happy service from your purchase
- If you have purchased your saddle new, it will come with a tube of Rapide Leathergel. Apply a generous coat of Rapide before first use, using a soft cloth or sheepskin mitt.
- Any dirt etc should be removed with a damp cloth after use.
- Then re-apply Leathergel at least once a week to dry, clean leather. Apply to all surfaces.
- Never use wet tack.
- Do NOT use any products containing alcohol (such as spray soap), glycerine (eg saddle soap) or oil (including neatsfoot) on this saddle. Any colour loss or damage to the leather caused by these products will not be covered by the saddle’s guarantee.
- If your saddle gets wet (in the rain or on the XC course for eg) allow the leather to dry naturally. Do not use external heat sources.
- Check regularly that all four gullet bolts and the two panel screws remain tight.
- Rapide Leathergel is readily available online. This is the only product we recommend for the care and maintenance of your Fairfax saddle.